Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Delayed Greeting

Hey everyone,

This is my first entry to the iMaginos workshop blog, because I enjoy being fashionably late to everything I’m involved in. (It has very little to do with my crippling procrastination). My other excuse is a remarkable trip to South Korea, which has me just now emerging from the crushing retardation of jet-lag. In a way it is nice to be back in the States, where all my family and friends reside, and where everything doesn’t smell like fish and hot garbage. (That’s not entirely fair to South Korea, but Seoul is a large city with many smells). Enough with the rambling: I’ll tell you something about myself. I am a recent college grad with a degree in English and a Concentration in Film from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. I’ve grown up in the metro Detroit area my entire life and somewhere along the line my sense of self has become inextricably linked with this area, for better or worse. My interests include photography, film, comics, reading, writing and music, and not in that order. I’ve always been hesitant to describe those things as “hobbies,” because to me that term means something to do when you’re bored. I would say this belittles the only things in life that I am interested in doing. For me, those things are Life. And that’s why I think what we’re doing with iMaginos Workshop is so cool. We’re making something that is creative and awesome, and hopefully engaging on a level that transcends simple entertainment. In essence, we are telling stories. I’d say a pretty good motto for this endeavor, and for that matter life in general is: tell a good story. Do that, and you won’t have wasted your time here. Here’s to telling a good story.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment